[MPlayer-users] Bug 1 of 2: MKV fast forward doesn't work correctly - Mac OS X 10.3.9

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Fri Apr 14 08:22:53 CEST 2006

Ergzay wrote:
>>> So is anyone going to consider  fixing this or am I stuck permanently
>>> with a broken mkv player and will  I just have to use VLC if I want to
>>> fast forward?
>> Nobody can fix it if they don't know where the problem is.  Have you
>> uploaded a sample?
>
> Why would I need to upload a sample if every .mkv file does it. Grab
> one of your own for a sample.

It's always best to be testing with exactly the same file, especially
when none of the rest of us seem to have the problem you describe. If it
happens with all files, do say so, but provide a sample for the sake of
consistency. Posting a URL to a publicly-available file, like you did,
is fine.

Anyway, I just looked through this thread and I can't find anywhere you
posted mplayer output, so I don't know if I need to tell you to use
current CVS. There were a couple known MKV problems fixed in the last
few months, as has been pointed out once or twice.

I don't mean to sound condescending, but you're being a bit pushy. I
know it takes a certain amount of noise to get helped sometimes, but
keep in mind that all of us work on mplayer and help users on our spare
time. If you can spend 10 minutes saving several of us 5 minutes each,
that effort will not go unappreciated and you'll be much more likely to
get your report looked at. Follow the bug reporting guidelines; they
exist for a reason.

> I was just about to go and upload a mkv just to show that it happens
> with all but I found I don't know where to upload to. The documentation
> says to upload to ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ but that doesn't
> exist.

Until the new server is fully operational, that is:
ftp://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/

-Corey