[MPlayer-users] Bug 1 of 2: MKV fast forward doesn't work correctly - Mac OS X 10.3.9

Ergzay ergzay at everyoneproductions.com
Fri Apr 14 08:53:46 CEST 2006

On 2006/04/14, at 2:22, Corey Hickey wrote:

>>> Nobody can fix it if they don't know where the problem is.  Have you
>>> uploaded a sample?
>> Why would I need to upload a sample if every .mkv file does it. Grab
>> one of your own for a sample.
>
> It's always best to be testing with exactly the same file, especially
> when none of the rest of us seem to have the problem you describe. If
> it happens with all files, do say so, but provide a sample for the
> sake of consistency. Posting a URL to a publicly-available file, like
> you did, is fine.
>
> Anyway, I just looked through this thread and I can't find anywhere
> you posted mplayer output, so I don't know if I need to tell you to
> use current CVS. There were a couple known MKV problems fixed in the
> last few months, as has been pointed out once or twice.
>
> I don't mean to sound condescending, but you're being a bit pushy. I
> know it takes a certain amount of noise to get helped sometimes, but
> keep in mind that all of us work on mplayer and help users on our
> spare time. If you can spend 10 minutes saving several of us 5 minutes
> each, that effort will not go unappreciated and you'll be much more
> likely to get your report looked at. Follow the bug reporting
> guidelines; they exist for a reason.

There is no mplayer output to include. The output is standard and from
the point of view of the terminal there is no problem. Even running
with -vv there are no changes.

Yea I know I am being somewhat pushy but I am a mac user and I often
ask for help in here and one or two people will respond and then the
topic goes off and nothing happens. I've had to email developers
directly to get them to fix the changes they made that broke certain
things as no one was responding. Mac users need to make more noise than
usual.
I understand the open source mentality to an extent, I intend to write
some of my own open source programs when I learn to code (which I will
be doing quite soon).

If people would like I could get on IRC and someone can work me like a
remote control telling me what to type (within gdb for example) to try
and fix this problem. Anything I can do to help I would gladly do.

Ergzay