[MPlayer-users] A-V sync problem of mplayer

David Jacques rivermplayer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 11:34:11 CEST 2006

Hello, every one!
  I'm newbie here. I also get the A-V sync problem, but the situtation is a
little different.
  The background is that I want to receive multicast video program from my
video server with mplayer. Because the send packet size is 15k(decided
during the design stage), I modified the STREAM_BUFFER_SIZE in
~/libmpdemux/stream.h to be 15000 in stead of its original value 2048. Only
this modification.
  But now when I receive the program, the audio seems always step faster
than video, at first, a-v is about -0.8xxx, and about 10 minutes or an hour
later, it would be 1.xxx, and then it would print messages like "Too many
video packets in the buffer" or "Stream not seekable" and stop with still
image on screen, to summarise,
parameters              last time                                msg
autosync 30 mc 10       about 10 minutes               Too many video
packets in the buffer
autosync 30 mc 0        about 70 minutes               Stream not seekable

  I've just tried the updated CVS version at 060411, still the same
phenomenon. I'm not sure whether my modification affects the behavior of
mplayer. I think it's only related to the recv buffer size. Can anybody give
me suggestions? Thank you very much!