[MPlayer-users] Windows version + WMV video

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Apr 14 22:17:50 CEST 2006

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 12:15:29 +0000
"Chad Kline" <i18rabbit at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Yes - to the best of my knowledge (docs are sparse in this area),
> the codecs should be in "condecs/" relative to the binary.

Minus the spelling error, yes, that sounds correct.  You don't have them
in some sub-folder, do you?

> I have played MPG and AVI video files, so I assume the
> codecs are being located by mplayer.

No.  The majority of videos are not played with the binary DLLs, but
with the built-in libmpeg2 or ffmpeg codecs.  You can remove that codecs
folder entirely, and they will still work.

So, it does sound like it's not finding the DLLs, or that mplayer was
compiled without support for loading win32 DLLs.

Also, you might try asking on the mplayer-cygwin mailing list, since
most MPlayer on win32 users will be there, and not here.