[MPlayer-users] Some suggestions about console output

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Apr 19 23:23:52 CEST 2006

Hi,
On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 03:47:09PM -0400, Victor Farias wrote:
> As you can see, there is not a "new line" before the "playing <filename>."
> message. I modified the "help_mp-en.h" file at line 112:

Yes, me too :-)
You motivated me to apply my change *g*

> As you can see, this behavior can be improved. I modified the
> "demux_audio.c" file at line 737:
>
> >-  "Audio file",
> >+  "Audio",

Not sure if it wouldn't be better to remove the file at the other place.
e.g. "AVI file format detected" vs. "AVI format detected"

> - When seeking while playing "audio only" files, the console will be
> flooded with a lot of strange characters (note: this behavior is only
> reproducible under Windows).

Actually, only under the windows console. Under MinGW xterm it works as
well *g*

> I know I can use the "&#8722;noterm-osd" option, but I wanted to report
> this anyway (because it is a "Windows only" problem).

-term-osd-esc ''
should work somehow as well. The problem is just that this code is for
displaying the "Position" thing above the status line...
Maybe you can find the corresponding escape sequence for windows? *g*

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger