[MPlayer-users] how to repair an mpeg

Rakotomandimby Mihamina mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr
Fri Apr 21 13:31:39 CEST 2006

Hi,

I recorded a DVD from a DVD burner. the DVD burner is not integrated in
a computer, it is a thing in the living room, near the TV and the VCR (I
dont now how to call it in english).

It is read as a normal DVD with mplayer and other DVD playing software.

I ripped it with:

	$ mplayer -dumpstream dvd://

The problem is I have duplicate frames when I try to encode the resulted
dump.stream. mencoder tells it, I have many duplicated frames.
One consequence is a shift between audio and video:
http://www.avidemux.org/pun/viewtopic.php?id=2107

How could I repair it? For example

	$ mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -o test.avi file.mpg

What options should I add so that it fire all duplicated frames?

Would you know any other tool that would do the job? (transcode,
ffmpeg,...)? What options should I specify?

I still want to keep it mpeg for editing then I will encode it, in order
to compress.

Thank you.
The original DVD is already erased (it was a RW one).

I use ubuntu dapper.

--
A powerfull GroupWare, CMS, CRM, ECM: CPS (Open Source & GPL).
Opengroupware, SPIP, Plone, PhpBB, JetSpeed... are good: CPS is better.