[MPlayer-users] Re: Adding subtitles to .mpg for DVD

Reshat Sabiq sabiq at csociety.org
Wed Apr 26 01:51:09 CEST 2006

Reshat Sabiq <sabiq <at> csociety.org> writes:
> I figured it out. I basically re-wrote .mpg into .mpg w/ my .sub
> subtitles using mencoder.
>
> Thanks.

Actually, the new .mpg plays fine on Linux, but doesn't play in Windows,
due to
codex download failures:
my desktop shows the video, w/o no audio
my laptop shows no video, but plays the new .mpg's audio.

Also, the new .mpg is about 4-5 times smaller than the original captured
Sony DVD-201.

I'd appreciate any tips on how to make mencoder encode the subtitled .mpg
as close to the original as possible, so that i played on Windows as well.

Thanks.