[MPlayer-users] Re: Installing MPEG-2 decoder on Windows

Reshat Sabiq sabiq at csociety.org
Wed Apr 26 05:53:28 CEST 2006

John Brown <johnbrown105 <at> hotmail.com> writes:
> >Is it possible to "re-use" the MPEG-2 decoder installation from a
> >Windows/Linux laptop?
> >
> I do not understand the question.

I had in mind copying the dlls, and maybe changing registries and such.
It appears my desktop has mpeg-4 decoder, but not mpeg-2, and plays
mencoder-produced .mpg's video, but not audio. My laptop has mpeg-2 decoder
(CyberLink Video/SP Decoder DELL 5.3), but apparently doesn't have mpeg-4
decoder, and can playback the same .mpg's audio, but not video.

I'm more interested in making mencoder produce mpeg-2 video for my other issue
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user/43437), but this is a
related topic, and i will look into MPEG-2 decoder for my desktop as well.

Thanks.