[MPlayer-users] Re: Installing MPEG-2 decoder on Windows

Reshat Sabiq sabiq at csociety.org
Wed Apr 26 06:48:19 CEST 2006

Reshat Sabiq <sabiq <at> csociety.org> writes:

> I'm more interested in making mencoder produce mpeg-2 video for my other issue
> (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user/43437), but this is a
> related topic, and i will look into MPEG-2 decoder for my desktop as well.
>
> Thanks.
ffdshow let me view the original .mpgs from Sony DVD-201 which i previously
could only view on my laptop, but Power DVD still isn't functional.
I guess i can close the Windows desktop question for now, although i have a
suspicion that performance is quite sluggish when some of ffdshow codecs are
involved, especially w/ firefox up.

I'll focus on getting mencoder produce video that my laptop could play, which i
think should be MPEG-2. On my desktop w/ ffdshow, i still wasn't getting the
sound of mencoder's .mpg.