[MPlayer-users] mencoder under linux to avi and play underwindowswmplayer not work

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Apr 26 22:57:31 CEST 2006

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:37:35 -0400
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:

> I have tried a number of other options like using vbitrate=1000
> using -oac lavc and -ovc lavc and have not come up with
> a combination that lets WMP play an mencoded video.
>
> Can you share with me what you know may work? Thanks,

Pretty much everything works.

MPEG-1 video with MP2 audio in an MPEG, works with EVERY video
player I've ever tried, at every size/bitrate/samplerate I've needed to
use.

MPEG-2 video works, provided you've got an MPEG-2 video codec installed.
 ffdshow works.

MPEG-4 video with MP3 audio in an AVI works if you've got Divx, Xvid, or
ffdshow install.  You need -ffourcc XVID if you're using CVS.

If you're having problems, you need to PROVIDE some information about
your specific problem, not the other way around.  I can't guess about
what your problem might be.