[MPlayer-users] mencoder under linux to avi and playunderwindowswmplayer not work

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Apr 26 22:58:53 CEST 2006

>On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 04:37:35PM -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
>>/ I have tried a number of other options like using vbitrate=1000
/>>/ using -oac lavc and -ovc lavc and have not come up with
/>>/ a combination that lets WMP play an mencoded video.
/>>/
/>>/ Can you share with me what you know may work? Thanks,
/>
>Something like -ffourcc DIVX. This is a FAQ.
>http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/faq.html#id2545875

I just tried this complete command. WMP still says
"Windows media player cannot play the file. The player might not support
the file type or a
required codec might not be installed".

mencoder http://192.168.1.171/img/video.asf -nosound -ovc lavc -ffourcc
DIVX -o ../jerry.avi -endpos 10