[MPlayer-users] configure doesn't find Jack (yes it does) / lzo

Warren Wilder wipwap19 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 27 18:07:58 CEST 2006

Reimar Döffinger schreef:
>Hi,
>On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 06:08:54PM  0000, Warren Wilder wrote:
>>Unfortunately, the autodetection of Jack doesn't work on my system.
>
>You did not state you MPlayer version. For pre7 you need bio2jack, and
>jack support has some bugs.
>If using CVS, you need (can't guarantee the paths are correct though)
>/usr/include/jack/jack.h
>/usr/lib/libjack.so

Jep. The CVS version detected Jack. It is still compiling though, so I
can't check whether it actually works or not. I'm sure it will.

I have noticed that it may be *a good thing* to have lzo support.
The lzo makers seem to have a pretty confident additude about their
library, so I decided to install that as well.
However, the configure script of ffmpeg doesn't detect it. There is no
--enable-lzo flag, only a --disable-lzo flag. I guess this is a
automatically detected library?
I have /usr/lib/liblzo2.{a,so}

But ehm.., what exactly are the benefits of using lzo in comparison to
gzip? Faster video decompression I reckon, but with any and all files,
or are there cases where mplayer decides at runtime to use either lzo
or gzip or.. perhaps something else as well?

Thanks for your time,
Warren