[MPlayer-users] Audio codec problem

Alex Waterman imnotlistening at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 16:29:45 CEST 2006

Hello,

When playing a DVD (Pulp Fiction, gotten of netflix) I have trouble playing
the sound. The video is
fine but the sound gets turned into this really high pitched
squealing/squeaking sound.

I scrolled up the output from my terminal and found this:

Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
Cannot find codec 'dts' in libavcodec...
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Opening audio decoder: [hwac3] AC3/DTS pass-through S/PDIF
No accelerated IMDCT transform found
hwac3: switched to DTS, 768000 bps, 48000 Hz
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, ac3, 768.0 kbit/50.00% (ratio: 96000->192000)
Selected audio codec: [hwdts] afm: hwac3 (DTS through S/PDIF)

I conducted a normal install (./configure; make; make install) to build
mplayer on a Fedora Core 4
linux box with GCC version: 4.0.0 (I dont know if this is one of the
supported versions) and an
mplayer version of: MPlayer 1.0pre8-4.0.0

Any ideas as to why the audio is dying?

And one last question, does mplayer need a running X server to play audio?
So if I were to run mplayer
to play an mp3 from a box with no X server will it work?

--Alex

--
Alex Waterman
imnotlistening at gmail.com
Alex.Waterman.07 at gmail.com
Support or create OpenSource

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the
word 'tics', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.