[MPlayer-users] mplayer plays dvd but gmplayer fails with error

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Aug 4 23:19:59 CEST 2006

Milo Sasinka wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a strange problem with playing dvd's on gmplayer. When I start
> playing dvd with mplayer from terminal e.g.:
>
> mplayer dvd:// -fs -vo xv
>
> all goes perfectly. When I use same with gmplayer I get error:
>
> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_video

This is not nearly enough information. Don't ever snip anything out of
the MPlayer output - post the entire thing, including the full command
line immediately before it.

In this case, since this is a crash, the "crashing bug report"
guidelines from bugreport.html would probably also be relevant - except
for the fact that:

> my version is:
>
> MPlayer dev-CVS--4.0.2 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team

This is not a valid MPlayer version; there should be a specific version
number between the "CVS" and "4.0.2", and it isn't present. This means
that whoever packaged your copy of MPlayer did it wrong. However, any
"CVS"-based version is out of date - upgrade to at least 1.0pre8, if not
to actual SVN, and try again. If it still fails, then read
DOCS/HTML/<your-language-code>/bugreports.html and send in a proper bug
report.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.