[MPlayer-users] fullscreen spanning multiple displays with Xinerama?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Aug 4 21:44:50 CEST 2006

Hello,
On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 12:22:13PM -0700, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> I tried playing with the -xineramascreen option, but all that seems to
> do is specify which display the movie ends up on, and never forces
> them to span all 4.
>
> If there's some obvious thing that I'm overlooking, I'd be happy to
> know about it, just tell me what to look for in the documentation,
> cause I've not found it yet.

man mplayer says:
> -xineramascreen <-2-...> (X11 only)
> A value of -2 means fullscreen across  the  whole  virtual display,  -1
> means fullscreen  on  the display the window currently is on.

If you can't specify these values your MPlayer is too old.

> It has occurred to me that perhaps this is a window manager problem,
> and if so, please let me know which window mgr(s) are known to work
> properly, and I'll gladly give them a try.

And two sentences below the above cited:
> Will  usually only work with "-fstype -fullscreen" or "-fstype none".

"usually" maybe be exaggerated I admit.

I implemented much of the current xinerama support, and I have been
using "Fluxbox 0.9.14-gentoo-r1", so that should be somewhat "guaranteed
to work" if you keep to the hints in the man page.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger