[MPlayer-users] can't get zoran output to work

Karolina karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se
Sun Aug 20 07:21:29 CEST 2006

I can't get the zr (zoran) video output driver to work properly.

I am using debian (unstable) on linux 2.6.17 kernel, the zoran card is a DC10
and I am taking S-video output to a PAL TV-set. mplayer is self-compiled,
(meaning taking marillats debian version, and adding --enable-zr to
the ./configure line since the debian version does not include the zoran
outpu)t.

What happens is that there is no colour, and the picture jumps wildly.
On nearer inspection, if I make single frame output and stops mplayer with
CTRL-S on the console, it appears that there are often two different pictures
for the two interlace lines, which makes for the jumping. Some frames have
colour, the same colour over the whole picture, blue, green or something, but
most pictures are black and white. There is also always a kind of small
square of digital garbage in the upper left corner of the displayed frame.

It does not appear to make a difference what input file I use. I even recorded
one file throught the card with lavrec, to get exactly the right format, and
it gives the same problem.
I tried the setup with lavplay, and it works allright, with colour.

Karolina