[MPlayer-users] xv and sdl do not work in high resolution

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Aug 22 01:51:16 CEST 2006

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:11:34 -0300
"Eduardo M Kalinowski" <ekalin at gmail.com> wrote:

>     I recently bought a 19" monitor, configured X to use a higher
> resolution (1600x1200), but now neither xv nor sdl work on that
> resolution (x11 works, but is terribly slow).

Try vos gl/gl2.

Configure your GPU chip (in your BIOS) to use more RAM if at all
possible.

Else, lower your DefaultDepth from 24 to 16 (you might even try 15), and
set DefaultFbBPP to 16 as well... You could even try lowering the
sync/refresh rate...  you might get lucky.

Otherwise, get a new videocard.