[MPlayer-users] xv and sdl do not work in high resolution

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Aug 22 14:44:09 CEST 2006

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:28:42 -0300
"Eduardo M Kalinowski" <ekalin at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Try vos gl/gl2.
>
> Both work, but both are slow except for very small resolution videos.

Probably using software emulated OpenGL.  You might try looking into the
MESA (DRM/DRI) project, perhaps they'll have something that will work
with your card.

> The videocard is off-board, so it cannot get more RAM.

First time I've heard of someone actually buying a SIS videocard...

> Essentially, the problem is lack of video memory, then?

That is by far the most likely possibility, but not knowing how much RAM
your videocard has, I can't really say.  It's possible it's some sort
of bug in the driver, or some inherent limitation of the card.  In
either case, buying a decent card (NVidia preferably--ATI if
you're masochistic) will work.