[MPlayer-users] xv and sdl do not work in high resolution

Eduardo M Kalinowski ekalin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 22:14:25 CEST 2006

> First time I've heard of someone actually buying a SIS videocard...

> > Essentially, the problem is lack of video memory, then?

> That is by far the most likely possibility, but not knowing how much RAM
> your videocard has, I can't really say.

It has a whooping 32Mb of RAM. Of course, a very cheap and low-performance
card. But then, since I don't care about games, it works (almost perfectly)
for me.

As a matter of fact, even playing video works --- except in the 1600x1200
resolution. But with -vo sdl I can change to full screen and then toggle
resolutions, and watch the video in fullscreen perfectly well.

> xvinfo | grep maximum

maximum XvImage size: 1920 x 1080

As the resolution is 1600x1200, there seems there is a problem with the
Y resolution. But what does that "maximum XvImage size" mean? Is this
related to the screen resolution or to the actual size of the window
displaying the video?