[MPlayer-users] creating thumbnail-screenshots of movies

"José M. Fandiño" ati-aiw at fadesa.es
Thu Aug 24 20:13:42 CEST 2006

Marco Trudel wrote:
> Ah great, the combination of zoom, dsize and scale works perfectly. I
> forgot the zoom... I now use:
>
> mplayer.exe -frames 2 -vo jpeg -zoom -vf dsize=100:100:2,scale=:::::::1
> movie.mpg

I was using a similar method for thumbnail screenshots and
"-ss" to get a random frame but mplayer always create the
first thumbnail with the first frame of the video file,
the second frame is the expected one.

I run this test with mplayer dev-SVN-r19522-4.0.2 and
it is reproducible with this command:

mplayer -frames 2 -vo png -ss 00:01:00 video.file