[MPlayer-users] glitches in the video

wouter lists wouter.lists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 12:04:01 CET 2006

Hi,

I would like to know how mplayer handles a 24fps xvid movie played a
25fps screen.

I have the feeling that's missing some frames when playing such a
movie. You can see it when there is a landscape in the scene and the
camera goes from left to right. The movement is not 100% fluent and
there are some hiccups.

It is not a CPU problem because CPU usage is around 10%. I played the
movie with the benchmark option and it shows 0 frames dropped.

I was playing with some options and I noticed an improvement when
using the option autosync=30.
It looks like it is using the audio as baseline to keep audio and
video in sync. As the movie is 24fps and my screen 25 fps, it misses
one frame per second. Is it correct that it waits a few seconds and
then adjust the video to the audio?

Can you tell mplayer to use the video as A/V sync method?

Or perhaps other ideas?

Thanks,

Wouter