[MPlayer-users] mplayer 1.0rc1 renders MP3 badly when compiled with -fstack-protector

daniel.obrien at yahoo.com daniel.obrien at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 23:31:37 CET 2006

> From: Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>

> Using unsupported CFLAGS is a bug, as configure clearly stated.
> Apart from that, it's a bug fixed in SVN since quite some time.
> There is a reason why we ask people to try SVN before reporting bugs,
> would have saved you a bit of time...

1) I'm an end user of an RPM site for a Linux Distro.  The choices made
for compilation were not mine to make.  I just want my MPLAYER to work :)

2) I d/l the 2006-12-04 SVN and tweaked the CFLAGS to contain -fstack-protector
and indeed it is now fixed. Thanks.

3) Why the delay in promoting the fix into a release if it has been fixed since
quite some time?  No need to answer.  I've conveyed the information to the
RPM provider and am dropping out of the loop.  I'll run my local copy of mplayer
until a fix perculates out officially.

Rgds,

Dan