[MPlayer-users] Re: soft telecine for DVDs: can't this be applied (in principle) to framerates other than 24 or 24000/1001?

Ivan Middleton ivan.middleton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 02:06:16 CET 2006

> with latest mplayer from svn: add
> -mpegopts format=dvd:tele_src=20:tele_dest=30

Thanks!  I didn't realize that "have patience" meant that you'd have
something ready so soon!

There are a couple remaining issues:
1) setting the framerate properly so that libavcodec doesn't complain
about an unsupported framerate when vstrict=0.
2) outputting correct timecodes (the ones in the GOP header).

I think both of these could be fixed simultaneously by just modifying
libavcodec/mpeg12.c-->find_frame_rate_index()
to account for the soft telecining.

Ivan