[MPlayer-users] Re: soft telecine for DVDs: can't this be applied(in principle) to framerates other than 24 or 24000/1001?

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Tue Dec 5 09:46:39 CET 2006

Ivan Middleton wrote:

>> with latest mplayer from svn: add
>> -mpegopts format=dvd:tele_src=20:tele_dest=30
>

> Thanks!  I didn't realize that "have patience" meant that you'd have
> something ready so soon!
>
> There are a couple remaining issues:
> 1) setting the framerate properly so that libavcodec doesn't complain
> about an unsupported framerate when vstrict=0.

mpeg2 defines a framerate extension using a num/div in the
sequence_header_extension;
you should implement the appropriate code

> 2) outputting correct timecodes (the ones in the GOP header).

they are useless; I'm not going to change them. I even wonder what the hell
they are good for :)

> I think both of these could be fixed simultaneously by just modifying
> libavcodec/mpeg12.c-->find_frame_rate_index()
> to account for the soft telecining.
>
> Ivan

lavc doesn't need to know anything about telecining, unless you want to
implement
telecining in the encoder itself