[MPlayer-users] Mencoder: Set length of output audio stream

cory mintz mirqury at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 18:25:46 CET 2006

Is there a way to make sure that the audio stream in an mpeg4 comes
out to be the exact length of the video stream? I am taking an 8
second source file and using "-audiofile silent.mp3" to try and add
a silent audio track to the output file. Silent.mp3 is a few minutes
long. The end of the output ends up looking like:

Video stream: 3062.960 kbit/s  (382870 B/s)  size: 3062960 bytes  8.000 secs
Audio stream:  143.424 kbit/s  (17927 B/s)  size: 152673 bytes  8.516 secs

The problem is if I then try to join this to another similar video, the
audio on the second video end up out of sync because the audio stream in
the first one is longer as you can see.

Thanks
Cory