[MPlayer-users] rm stream crash

Raena Lea-Shannon raen at internode.on.net
Tue Dec 26 12:59:05 CET 2006

On Tuesday 26 December 2006 19:11, RC wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 17:00:34 +1100
>
> Raena Lea-Shannon <raen at internode.on.net> wrote:
> > I read  the bugreports.html and taking that advice I tried to
> > reproduce the error and  use latest svn etc
>
> You didn't read it very well.  It contains a list of info to include in
> case of crashes, and you essentially omitted all of it.

Do you mean this?
"make a 'gdb' backtrace and  disassembly"

Can you point me to where this is explained. This presumes a certain level of
compiling knowledge that I do not possess. I was honestly trying to make a
fair bug report and trying to RTFM but I am not a Developer.

> > Previously (about svn from one month ago) it played the same stream.
>
> That stream uses the rasipr audio codec, which has no native
> (non-32bit, non-binary-only) implimentation available in MPlayer.
>
> Either they've changed the codec they're using, or your previous version
> of MPlayer was compiled as a 32-bit program so it could take
> advantage of the win32 codecs...

No it was compiled x64. I guess the codec must have been changed by the ABC at
precisely the same time I decided to update my version.