[MPlayer-users] roughly .25 second delay in playback of avi files

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 15:17:08 CET 2006

In <43E02578.1090606 at comcast.net>, Ed Sweetman wrote:

> I dont know what type of data could be useful, and the lack of anyone
> else reporting the problem is not promising.   I can provide any info
> required, but my experience playing with mplayer internals is lacking.

I've been having similar problems with 3 machines, but the delay is less
consistent than what you're seeing. I've got a P3 with cheap CMedia
sound card, Duron 1800 with VIA onboard audio, AMD64 with nForce onboard
audio. The first two are outputting to TVs with -vo dfbmga... -vsync so
I guess that makes keeping in sync a little more difficult for MPlayer.

Using -ao oss fixes it for me in most cases, but sometimes a glitch in
the stream can throw the sync out until I manually readjust it. I don't
think that was happening with -ao alsa. I should be replacing the CMedia
sound card with a Santa Cruz shortly.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk