[MPlayer-users] pullup slowness

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Fri Feb 3 16:02:59 CET 2006

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 03:53:25AM -0800, RC wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 02:49:48 -0500
> Robert Henney <robh at rut.org> wrote:
>
> > to be able to play some dvds on my machine with the pullup filter
> > running realtime, it looks like the solution is simply to re-enable
> > direct rendering and/or revert to a pullup.c prior to Jun 14.
> > ok, that works for me. :)
>
> Just one question....   Why not use eg. filmdint instead?

It's been a long time since I took a close look at each of the
de-telecineing filters and made comparisons between each.  Back at the
time I did though, pullup's results seemed much better.  iirc, filmdint
(though it may have been ivtc) was fast but left strange blurryness in
the frames it reassembled that was visible on things like sharp
contrasting curving surfaces.  I couldn't tell if it was trying to apply
some sort of blending or just putting the fields back in the incorrect
order.

A while later on today I'll try and get around to re-testing the other
de-telecine filters and make a fresh comparison.