[MPlayer-users] various enhancements and bugfixes for

Stephen Stocker lpar at par1.net
Wed Feb 8 01:19:38 CET 2006

  I don't even know if anyone wants feedback on these patches, since
  they haven't been applied to CVS, but I have some additional
  information.

  Every once in awhile, I'll experience a total audio dropout for a
  second or less. This occurs regardless of file type, and also happens
  with audio-only files. Setting the output to ALSA's OSS emulation
  cures the problem completely.

  Also, the dmix output seems to be somewhat more CPU-intensive than the
  standard -ao alsa:device=sbawe output. Whatever the case, I experience
  dropped frames (or a video lag when framedrop is turned off) while
  using dmix. This is a slow computer with a non-accelerated video card,
  so that may not be an issue worth considering.

  Whatever the case, it is still an improvement over the previous ALSA
  output.

  Take care,
  Steve