[MPlayer-users] various enhancements and bugfixes for

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Feb 8 08:32:22 CET 2006

Stephen Stocker wrote:

> The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> Stephen Stocker wrote:
>>
>>> I don't even know if anyone wants feedback on these patches,
>>> since they haven't been applied to CVS, but I have some
>>> additional information.
>>
>> Is there any particular reason you're posting these replies to the
>> users list? Unless I'm much mistaken, feedback on patches properly
>> belongs on the development list...
>>
>> And yes, feedback on non-committed patches is generally considered
>> desirable, since it can influence the decision of whether or not to
>> commit them.

(Please, snip parts of the post you arent replying to - including
signatures and the like. If you were using a proper mail client, then
unless you specifically told it not to it would snip out the signatures
automatically... and it would probably also not break threading on
replies, as your reply to my previous message did.)

> Thanks. I'm not subscribed to the developers list, really there's no
> reason I should be. My knowledge of this stuff is very limited, to
> put it mildly. :)

...if you aren't subscribed to the development list, how did you see the
thread to be able to reply to it?

The only thing I can think of is if you're reading it via gmane or the
like - and if you're interested enough to read the list via that kind of
archive interface, then there's no reason you shouldn't be subscribed.
(I lurked on the development list for quite some time before I made the
smallest contribution.)

As far as "reason you should be" - not all of the developers read the
user list, and in any case they are unlikely to look for patch-related
messages here, since it definitely doesn't belong here unless the patch
is a "try this, see if it works" bugfix posted here in response to a
user's description of a problem.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.