[MPlayer-users] Compile error on MinGw

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Feb 14 06:07:22 CET 2006

Royke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got this error when compiling Mplayer on MinGW based
> on direction on :
> http://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32/contrib/MPlayer-MinGW-Howto.txt
>
> All required source/package installed successfuly.
>
> Configure option on Mplayer :
>
> ./configure --with-codecsdir=/home/dir/codecs
> --enable-static --with-livelibdir=/home/dir/live
>
> and the error :
>
> $ make
> make -C libavcodec LIBPREF=lib LIBSUF=.a
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/dir/main/libavcodec'
> Makefile:405: ../common.mak: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../common.mak'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dir/main/libavcodec'
> make: *** [libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Error 2

This is the result of a change which was committed to FFmpeg at about
7:00 this morning. FFmpeg CVS from before that should still work with
MPlayer for now. Discussion about the right way to fix this problem and
allow MPlayer to build properly with the new FFmpeg build arrangement
are ongoing, and I imagine something will be committed in the
not-too-distant future.

> libavcodec. libavutil and libavformat copied from ffmpeg source tree,
> and I edit CVS/Entries on mplayer main source tree accordingly.
>
> On the other machine (Athlon XP / Sempron) , compile is success.

Then the other machine is not up to date with the current FFmpeg CVS
tree. The error has nothing to do with compile environment, only with
the source versions involved.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.