[MPlayer-users] Unknown suboption lavf

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Feb 15 23:35:37 CET 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:26:34 +0100
Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/15/06, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:
> > "-of lavf" was introduced only after 1.0pre7 was released.
>
> I do not agree with you, I think it was already present in pre7,
> though I'll not dig the CVS repo to back this statement with proofs :)

You're right.  I guess it just wasn't documented at the time:

$ mencoder-1.0pre7 -of help
MEncoder 1.0pre7-2.95.3 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon MP/XP Thoroughbred (Family: 6,
Stepping: 1) Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE

File not found: 'frameno.avi'
Failed to open frameno.avi

Available output formats:
   avi      - Microsoft Audio/Video Interleaved
   mpeg     - MPEG-1/2 system stream format
   rawvideo - (video only, one stream only) raw stream, no muxing

Exiting... (error parsing cmdline)