[MPlayer-users] Unknown suboption lavf

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Feb 16 05:28:24 CET 2006

RC wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:26:34 +0100 Guillaume POIRIER
> <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2/15/06, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:
>>
>>> "-of lavf" was introduced only after 1.0pre7 was released.
>>
>> I do not agree with you, I think it was already present in pre7,
>> though I'll not dig the CVS repo to back this statement with proofs
>> :)
>
> You're right.  I guess it just wasn't documented at the time:
>
> $ mencoder-1.0pre7 -of help
> MEncoder 1.0pre7-2.95.3 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team

Correct. As I noted, the option was documented on May 20, whereas
1.0pre7 (try1) was released on April 16.

However, I suspect from the original poster's version number that he is
in fact running a packaged CVS version which the packager labels as a
variant of 1.0pre7 because that is the number of the most recent actual
release. (This type of package-numbering scheme is not uncommon, in my
admittedly limited experience.) The version of MEncoder involved does
not appear to be at fault; the problem, as Guillaume notes, appears to
be that the package in question seems to have been built without
libavformat.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.