[MPlayer-users] Cannot configure correctly CVS mplayer on Mac OS X 10.3.9

Jan Paul Schmidt jps at fundament.org
Fri Feb 17 08:59:55 CET 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 12:07:45AM -0500, Ergzay wrote:

> >>Does the error start happening at 7.0.1 and above or can I upgrade to
> >>7.0.3 (and thus regain functionality). Also the only SDK available for
> >>download is the 7.0.3 version. Should I get that to go with 7.0.1?
> >
> >I found the SDK for 7.0.4:
> >
> >	ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Development_Kits/QuickTime7SDK.dmg
> >But after reupdating to 7.0.4 and installing the corresponding SDK, the
> >linking errors still occur. Probably the problem lies depper than
> >having
> >the right SDK for Quicktime 7.0.4. Currently I don't know a better
> >solution than to stick with 7.0.1.
>
> I don't think you quite got my question.

I think I got it :o) I'm just saying that even by using the SDK for
7.0.4 does not cure the problem.

> The SDK available on the developer site in downloads under quicktime
> is the 7.0.3 SDK.

I never saw a SDK 7.0.3.

> The Quicktime I downgraded to is 7.0.1. Should I use the 7.0.3 SDK or
> is there a 7.0.1 SDK available for download?

As already noted on the URL I send, the SDK for 7.0.1 is here:

	ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Development_Kits/QT701SDK_Mac.dmg

It normally makes no sense to use a newer SDK than the installed
QuickTime. It probably leads to some more problems.

I tend to say, that the check in MPlayer misses something for newer
QuickTimes. But don't take that for granted as I do not have any proof,
yet.

> Also what links did you follow to get to the link to the above
> mentioned SDK for quicktime 7.0.4?

I somehow got here:

	http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/download/

jps