[MPlayer-users] How to find Dropped Frames ?

RuthLess Konqueror ruthlesskonqueror at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 22:26:30 CET 2006

Hi All ,
            I am using Darwin Streaming Server to stream  MPEG-4 hinted files over the wireless link using rtsp protocol. Some RTP packets are getting dropped. At the client side , I have dumped the stream using

 mplayer 'rtsp://XXX.XX.XX.XX/foreman.mov' -ao null -nosound -dumpstream

 After that, when I decode the stream using mplayer or vidpsnr, number of frames getting decoded is less than the original.  This is expected.

 But how do I identify which frames have been dropped ?

 Please let me know.

 Thanks in Advance

 RK