[MPlayer-users] How to find Dropped Frames ?

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Wed Feb 22 05:04:06 CET 2006

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:26:30 -0800 (PST)
RuthLess Konqueror wrote:

> Hi All ,
>             I am using Darwin Streaming Server to stream  MPEG-4 hinted files over the wireless link using rtsp protocol. Some RTP packets are getting dropped. At the client side , I have dumped the stream using
>
>  mplayer 'rtsp://XXX.XX.XX.XX/foreman.mov' -ao null -nosound -dumpstream
>
>  After that, when I decode the stream using mplayer or vidpsnr, number of frames getting decoded is less than the original.  This is expected.
>
>  But how do I identify which frames have been dropped ?

Just thinking this through, i am assuming you are doing some sort of
testing, and that the contents of the movie are not overly important.

If that is so, you could possibly make a movie where every frame is
numbered - ie has the frame number actually as part of the picture.

--
Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz>