[MPlayer-users] Re: Mplayer & DD5.1 via SPDIF - I have only DD2.0: why ?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Jan 1 19:57:42 CET 2006

On 01/01/2006 08:49 AM, Sasza wrote:

> The Wanderer wrote:

>> What's more, looking back at your original post, you are
>> apparently using MPlayer 1.0pre6. 1.0pre7try2 (the most recent
>> actual release) is considered ancient enough that very little
>> support is provided for it; there have certainly been numerous
>> changes since 1.0pre6, and it is very possible that any problem
>> you are having has been fixed in the process. Please consider
>> switching to a more recent version.
>
> Sure, I just upgrade to 1.0pre7try2.

This is still an ancient version - just not as ancient as 1.0pre6.

To be precise: by a quick glance at the changelog, 1.0pre6 came out more
than a year ago, on December 4th, 2004. 1.0pre7try2 came out August 26,
2005. It's been more than four months since then - there have been
enough changes that few if any of the developers seriously pay any
attentionto 1.0pre7try2 anymore. I'm willing enough to try to figure out
what I can, even though the problem may have been fixed already, but
there is only so much I know about some aspects of MPlayer; hwac3 is one
of the parts I know least about. If you want the largest possible pool
of people who might answer your questions, you would be well advised to
upgrade to the latest CVS version (or at least something no more than a
month old).

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.