[MPlayer-users] V4L sound problem

Michael Fiano axion at 37.com
Sun Jan 1 14:53:44 CET 2006

I am using the latest release of MPlayer and sound initially works, but will not
work the next time MPlayer is ran unless you either change normid to a different
number (making the video unwatchable), or using v4lctl to set a different norm
mode while mplayer is running (again, making the video unwatchable but fixing
the sound on the fly). If you set it to an unwatchable state, then quit, and set
it to the original watchable state, the audio works (because it wasn't used last
time). This is very odd...

Here is my whole command line:

mplayer -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:input=2:normid=1:amode=1:outfmt=yuy2
-aspect 4/3 -vf crop=608:464:16:8 tv://

I am using S-Video input for video, and 1/8" input for audio, which is looped to
my sound card's line in. The coaxial input is not being used, as I have digital
cable. MPlayer version pre7try2

TIA