[MPlayer-users] Re: V4L sound problem

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Jan 2 04:07:46 CET 2006

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 00:38:20 +0000 (UTC)
Michael Fiano <axion at 37.com> wrote:

> Nevermind. I figured out this is a bug in the bttv driver, unless I'm
> doing something wrong.

Seems likely, though with the info provided, I can't even guess what it
might be.  I've absolutely never heard of a problem similar to yours,
and I've heard a great many problems with video capture on this list
alone.

> (card=37). I think I should have went with the new Conexant chipset
> because now I'm stuck with a card that I cannot use mencoder with :(

If nothing else, you could go through and try every different
combination of values for card/tuner and see if something else works
better.  Certainly never had any sound problems with by BT878 card.