[MPlayer-users] Unplayable mms streams

Heimdall Midgard heimdalle at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 03:54:51 CET 2006

2006/1/4, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com>:
> On 1/4/06, Heimdall Midgard <heimdalle at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I cannot play any mms streams linked off the Chinese (mainland) web
> > page  http://en.chinabroadcast.cn/ce_chinese/.
>
> [..]
>
> > Server returned 404: Not Found
> > File not found: 'enmms.chinabroadcast.cn/new/lang/ch/daily/haojile.wma'
> > Failed to open mms://enmms.chinabroadcast.cn/new/lang/ch/daily/haojile.wma
>
> This should mean that the files either aren't available on
> the server [...]

The files may indeed be unavailable. But you snipped parts
of the mplayer output (see my original post) that seem to
show that mplayer found something on the server but failed
to parse it:

Playing mms://enmms.chinabroadcast.cn/new/lang/ch/daily/haojile.wma.
STREAM_ASF, URL: mms://enmms.chinabroadcast.cn/new/lang/ch/daily/haojile.wma
Resolving enmms.chinabroadcast.cn for AF_INET...
Connecting to server enmms.chinabroadcast.cn[219.142.120.30]: 1755...
Connected
read error:: Operation now in progress
pre-header read failed
Resolving enmms.chinabroadcast.cn for AF_INET...

> [...] or that you're not granted access to those files.

As far as I can tell, the site is publicly accessible. So
like Wanderer I suspect the problem may be an issue with the
server not supporting non-MS players.

--
Albert Einstein: Phantasie ist wichtiger als Wissen, denn
Wissen ist begrenzt.