[MPlayer-users] Unplayable mms streams

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Jan 4 08:42:31 CET 2006

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> On 1/4/06, Heimdall Midgard <heimdalle at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I cannot play any mms streams linked off the Chinese (mainland) web
>>  page  http://en.chinabroadcast.cn/ce_chinese/.
>
> [..]
>
>> Server returned 404: Not Found
>> File not found: 'enmms.chinabroadcast.cn/new/lang/ch/daily/haojile.wma'
>> Failed to open mms://enmms.chinabroadcast.cn/new/lang/ch/daily/haojile.wma
>
> This should mean that the files either aren't available on the
> server, or that you're not granted access to those files.
>
> Nothing like an MPlayer bug, I'm afraid.

...unless there is another player which *can* play those streams. If
that is the case, then either it's an MPlayer bug or the server is
explicitly refusing to support players it doesn't recognize (and doing
so in a very inappropriate way, by claiming that the file does not
exist). The former would be by far the more likely.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.