AW: [MPlayer-users] rtc wasting 15% CPU

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 12:30:03 CET 2006

Hi,

On 1/8/06, The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
[..]

> I don't have a TV card, I've never known what "DVB" is,

>From the wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB

DVB, short for Digital Video Broadcasting, is a suite of
internationally accepted, open standards for digital television.

DVB systems distribute data by:

    * satellite (DVB-S and DVB-S2)
    * cable (DVB-C)
    * terrestrial television (DVB-T)
    * terrestrial television for handhelds (DVB-H)

These standards define the physical layer and data link layer of a
distribution system. Devices interact with the physical layer via a
synchronous parallel interface (SPI), synchronous serial interface
(SSI), or asynchronous serial interface (ASI). All data is transmitted
in MPEG-2 transport streams with some additional constraints
(DVB-MPEG). A standard for temporally compressed distribution to
mobile devices (DVB-H) is in testings.

Guillaume
--
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
    Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

MPlayer's doc is offline. Find some fresh one here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/fr/