[MPlayer-users] Is this a bug? 15fps MOV to 30fps mpeg1 halves run time

Philip Walden pwaldenlinux at pacbell.net
Mon Jan 9 20:16:31 CET 2006

RC wrote:

>On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 13:31:58 -0800
>Philip Walden <pwaldenlinux at pacbell.net> wrote:
>

>>$ mencoder -vf harddup -noskip -ofps  30000/1001 -of mpeg -mpegopts
>>

>                                                   ^^^^
>
>Mystery solved.  Using -noskip with -ofps is really stupid.

Yea! Thanks that did the trick.

Sorry about getting everyone sidetracked. As I said earlier, I am just
wading into the complexities of video processing.

I case someone writes a wiki somewhere on this, I added the -noskip
because the man page section for -mpegopts said:

 "Generally, when generating MPEG files, it is advisable to disable
MEncoder's frame-skip code (see -noskip, -mc as well as the harddup and
softskip video filters)"