Performance Tuning H264 [Was: Re: [MPlayer-users] howto play apples quicktime movie trailers (720p)]

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Jan 11 09:04:37 CET 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:22:04 +0100
Reimar at mplayerhq.hu, Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karl@mplayerhq.hu, sruhe.de>@mplayerhq.hu
wrote:

> I think this might be due to -dr (if it is supported by the graphics
> card). With a fast CPU the YUV->BGR conversion shouldn't be much
> slower than the memcpy to the graphics card that is required anyway.

Thanks for the clarification.  I have just one question...  Why is it
that only bgr16 is incredibly fast, whereas bgr24 or rgb16 are much
slower?  Being so similar, I would at least have assumed similar
performance.

> since you are explicitly using RGB color space, that yuv=1 option
> makes no difference at all

I had suspected as much, but wasn't sure.  I still have to wonder why it
is working differently for him...