[MPlayer-users] Mplayer segmentation fault with large images

Matt matt at elmtreecottages.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 19:22:05 CET 2006

I have an image sequence captured on a digital camera. The images are 3008x2000
pixels. If I try to encode them to a video file with this:

mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf fps=25:type=jpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4v2
-oac copy -o output.avi

I get a segmentation fault.

If I use imagemagick and scale them to 50% then the encoding works. I wondered
if there was a way round this. The problem is that I want to keep the original
images  and make a small reference movie from them using a script on a server. I
don't want ot have to create smaller images and save them somewhere and then
encode them and delete them once they have been encoded.

Thanks