[MPlayer-users] Re: Playlists

adland123 adland123 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 22:34:24 CET 2006

>When I load ASX or SMIL in MPlayer the videos
> play, however, MPlayer starts them at the beginning of the clip and runs
> to end, apparently ignoring the time values supplied. Does mplayer
> support starttime and duration in ASX or clipBegin and clipEnd tags in
> SMIL? Is there another way to accomplish this?

see playtreeparser.c code:

The smil parser is quite basic and only looks for the src name/value pair in a
tag
or as an example

<smil>
<video src="http://server/path/file.rm">

you can try embedding the start and end times in the src URL directly
<video src="http://server/path/file.rm?start=hh:mm:ss&end=hh:mm:ss">

where hh= hours, mm=minutes, and ss= seconds
which are values in your  clipBegin and clipEnd tags.