[MPlayer-users] Horizontal lines

kunt1z kunt1z_2 at tiscali.it
Fri Jan 13 19:12:14 CET 2006

Hi guys,
this is my first post in this list. I've got a problem using mplayer:
when I see video files in full screen, I can see some fastidious
horizontal lines around the shapes. But, if there is an instance of
mplayer interrupted, the lines magically disappear!
Here's an example:

1)
$mplayer test.avi    ===>    lines

2)
#/etc/init.d/artsd start   ===>   block /dev/dsp
$mplayer test.avi   ===>   mplayer doesn't start because the /dev/dsp
device is blocked by arts daemon.
Then I open a new shell and close the old one because is blocked by
mplayer. In the new shell:
#killall artsd   ===>   release /dev/dsp
$mplayer test.avi   ===>   no lines, it also says that the /dev/rtc file
is blocked (by previous mplayer instance)
If I kill the previous instance of mplayer (the one blocked), when I
start a video files the lines appears again.

These horizontal lines appears ALWAYS around shapes in movement when I
see DVD.
Any suggestion? Thanx!
ByEz!!!