[MPlayer-users] Re: Re: Re: How to change audio stream?

SeNS sens_boston at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 07:53:48 CET 2006

Hello, Kichigai!
You wrote  on Mon, 23 Jan 2006 23:37:50 -0600:

[Sorry, skipped]

 KM> Probably never going to happen. AVI is, in computer age, ancient.
 KM> It's been around for more than 10 years, and is far antiquated for
 KM> such needs. I know that AVIs *can* contain multiple audio tracks, but
 KM> is that part of the AVI specification? I know that they're not
 KM> supposed to contain subtitles, attachments, etc. etc.

It's a little bit strange. Tonight I did some small tests and mplayer _able_
to play different audio tracks in avi using "-aid" command line option (-aid
1 plays Russian stream and -aid 2 plays English well)!

I think it's just a lack of "on-the-fly" control (keyboard or slave or
whatever).

[Sorry, skipped]

WBR, SeNS

P.S. I can't use VLC cause of lack of dxr3 (Hollywood+) support.