[MPlayer-users] mplayer NOT gmplayer. Why?

Muhammad Ichsan ichsan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 12:55:09 CET 2006

Dear mplayer lovers,

I use mplayer cvs in KDE. I assigned .avi file to associate with
mplayer and made the mplayer as default player. But when I clicked the
.avi file, it was not mplayer who played the video but gmplayer. Why
did this happen? I use gmplayer only for users of my computer who
loves using GUI based application. I prefer mplayer command to handle
my mp3 files or avi files for fast lookup using click. Not gmplayer.
But the KDE association was not working to do the association. Does
anyone know how to make the mplayer command called not gmplayer when I
already associated selected file types with mplayer command?

Thanks for your help