[MPlayer-users] Compiling MPlayer CVS On OS X Errors

Mohammad A. Haque mhaque at haque.net
Mon Jan 30 20:54:39 CET 2006

On Jan 30, 2006, at 13:45, Kichigai Mentat wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2006, at 09.02, Mohammad A. Haque wrote:
>
>> Matched up to your configuration and everything still compiled and
>> ran fine here. I did have to hack up cdparanoia/libcdio support to
>> get it compiled but that only explains your _read_toc undefined
>> symbol. I'll clean that code up some and post a patch. For now you
>> can bypass this with the --disable-cdparanoia --disable-libcdio
>> configure flags.
> That'll be just fine for me. I didn't really plan to use MPlayer
> with CD audio anyway.
>>
>> Did you do a clean install when you installed 10.4 or was it an
>> upgrade? My guess is that some library was compiled with an older
>> version of gcc and now you're trying to compile mplayer with gcc
>> 4.0.0
> Clean install with 10.4.
>>
>> If it is the case where you have upgraded from an older system, my
>> suggestion is to get your libraries updated and upgrade XCode. I'm
>> currently compiling with XCode 2.2.1 (gcc 4.0.1/5250)
> I searched the Apple website, and I can't seem to find where to get
> an XCode update. I'm currently running "gcc version 4.0.0 20041026
> (Apple Computer, Inc. build 4061)"

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/13621

You'll need an ADC account (free). It's an 800 meg or so download.

I really don't think this is where your problem is, but you may as
well stay up to date since you're living on the bleeding edge with
mplayer

>> If you did a fresh install and are using fink or dports, it's
>> possible that an old library got installed via a package and
>> installed into /usr/local/lib. It might be faster to see what you
>> have living there and see if you can't replace those with what
>> fink/dports provides.
> Isn't it possible to say that the libraries in /sw/lib have
> priority over /user/local/lib? Otherwise, it could be interesting
> to find the conflicting libraries.

Feel free to send me the ls output of /usr/local/lib off-list and
I'll see if anything is obvious.

Mohammad A. Haque                      http://www.haque.net/
                                         mhaque at haque.net

   "Alcohol and calculus don't mix.